MOST RECENT ARGUMENTS
- Are we angry enough to do something yet?
- Okay, so maybe it wasn’t quite 44,510 . . .
- Thanks for dragging Beaumont through the mud again, Brent!
- Legally Speaking: Not your typical day in court
- Legally Speaking: Still more disorder in the court
- Legally Speaking: Free legal advice, from people who learned the hard way
Letters to the Editor
Most Popular Articles
- ‘Johnny Football’ files trademark infringement lawsuit over shirts
- Etoile couple says PU attorney should have ‘done homework’ before suing them
- Legally Speaking: You’ve Been Served — Without Ever Leaving the Computer
- Worker falls off ladder, sues homeowner
- ‘Swamp People’ sue local residents after check for guest appearance bounces
- Homeowners association president files $10 million defamation suit against resident
- Man shot while on toilet sues Remington
- UTMB department chair sought to remove ‘foreign trained’ doctors, suit says
- TV lawyer indicted for stealing clients’ money
- Insurance agent sues State Farm over ‘scratch agency’ program
Tag CloudAct asbestos breach of contract Civil rights contract court death debt Discovery discrimination Eastern District of Texas employer Feb Galveston Galveston County District Court home Inc insurance Jefferson Jefferson County Jefferson County District Court judgment June law lawsuit Legal loss Man March Newsline Personal injury Personal Injury-motor vehicle plaintiff property Provost Umphrey Law Firm resident settlement state Texas trial vehicle water work wreck wrongful termination
NEWS WIDGETAttention bloggers:
Add Record Headlines to your site!fast + free- click here
Monthly Archives: September 2010
GALVESTON – Alleging race and gender were factors in her termination from the Texas City Fire Department, a Galveston County woman has filed suit against the city. Kelly Rothrock’s lawsuit, filed Sept. 15 in Galveston County District Court, argues that … Read MoreCivil Rights/Discrimination, Galveston County, News
GALVESTON – A state district judge issued a temporary restraining order on Sept. 27 that keeps the amount paid to the attorneys involved in a massive Texas Windstorm Insurance Association settlement mum. In the order, Galveston County 212th District Court … Read MoreGalveston County, News, TRO/Injunctions
Citimortgage has filed an application to foreclose on the property of Pamela Darjean, located at 5840 Falcon Lane, Beaumont, Texas 77708. The application was filed Sept. 22 in Jefferson County District Court. The original loan was for $55,000. The amount … Read MoreForeclosure, Jefferson County, News
A Vidor woman is suing three individuals and an insurance company for an automobile collision she was in two years ago. Jenny Frazier filed her suit against Kimberly and Beanita Netterville, Jeffrey Powers and Farmers Texas County Mutual Insurance on … Read MoreNews, Orange County, Personal Injury-Motor Vehicle
Orange residents Ira and Willie Mae Brown sought and received a restraining order against the city of Orange on Monday, temporarily stopping the city from demolishing their property. The couples’ petition was filed Sept. 27 in Orange County District Court. … Read MoreNews, Orange County, TRO/Injunctions
Applying the pleading requirements of the Federal Circuit’s Exergen Corp v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. decision, Magistrate Judge Everingham of the Eastern District of Texas concluded in SynQor, Inc. v. Artesyn Techs., Inc. that Defendant Bel Fuse Inc.’s inequitable conduct defense was not pled with sufficient particularity.