MOST RECENT ARGUMENTS
- Are we angry enough to do something yet?
- Okay, so maybe it wasn’t quite 44,510 . . .
- Thanks for dragging Beaumont through the mud again, Brent!
- Legally Speaking: Not your typical day in court
- Legally Speaking: Still more disorder in the court
- Legally Speaking: Free legal advice, from people who learned the hard way
Letters to the Editor
Reader's PollLoading ...
Tag CloudAct asbestos breach of contract Civil rights contract court death debt Discovery discrimination Eastern District of Texas employer Feb Galveston Galveston County District Court home Inc insurance Jefferson Jefferson County Jefferson County District Court judgment June law lawsuit Legal loss Man March Newsline Personal injury Personal Injury-motor vehicle plaintiff property Provost Umphrey Law Firm resident settlement state Texas trial vehicle water work wreck wrongful termination
NEWS WIDGETAttention bloggers:
Add Record Headlines to your site!fast + free- click here
Foreclosure Category Archives: Foreclosure
A Jefferson County woman has filed suit against her mortgage company, alleging they reneged on their promise to help her with her home equity payments after her husband died. Dorothy Smith claims she and her husband, James Smith, paid for … Read More
• Bank of America has filed an application to foreclose on the property of Christine Gross, located at 3190 Cartwright St., Beaumont, Texas 77701. The application was filed Feb. 19 in Jefferson County District Court. The amount required to cure … Read More
Although a higher court wiped out a $300,000 sanction against it, Bank of America may still go to trial for allegedly violating a mortgage settlement agreement with a Beaumont woman. As the Southeast Texas Record previously reported, Trudie Crutchfield filed … Read More
• HSBC Bank USA has filed an application to foreclose on the property of Stephen and Stephanie Barclay, located at 1506 Herring Ave., Port Neches, Texas 77651. The application was filed Jan. 29 in Jefferson County District Court. The amount … Read More
Two Jefferson County residents claim they wrongly face foreclosure after the lender of their mortgage failed to honor his agreement with them. Dale and Beth Darby filed a lawsuit in Jefferson County District Court against Dennnis Y’Barbo. In their complaint, … Read More
• Nationstar Mortgage has filed an application to foreclose on the property of Ellen Schulz, located at 1190 East Drive, Beaumont, Texas 77706. The application was filed Jan. 23 in Jefferson County District Court. The original loan amount was for … Read More
MCT Credit Union has filed an application allowing foreclose of a lien of the property of William and Robin Davis, located at 2516 Price St., Nederland, Texas 77627. The application was filed Jan. 18 in Jefferson County District Court. The … Read More
• Capital One has filed an application to foreclose on the property of Cynthia Grandio, located at 4125 Bayou Road, Beaumont, Texas 77707. The application was filed Jan. 7 in Jefferson County District Court. The original note was for $45,000. … Read More
• James B. Nutter & Co. has filed an application to foreclose on a lien securing a reverse mortgage on the property of Lena Winn, located at 1437 Fulton St., Beaumont, Texas 77701. The application was filed Dec. 28 in … Read More
A man claims a mortgage company is attempting to wrongfully foreclose on his home, despite its failure to provide him with notice of its intent. Todd David Bryson filed a lawsuit Dec. 28 in Jefferson County District Court against Wells … Read More