MOST RECENT ARGUMENTS
- Home ownership is not for everyone
- Bill to control lawsuit lenders passes first test
- Dog urine lawsuit all wet
- Cornyn: Is this America or China?
- Legally Speaking: Will litigate for food
- Legally Speaking: If only Hallmark had a card for this
Letters to the Editor
Most Popular Articles
- Ninth Court affirms eminent domain powers of TransCanada Keystone Pipeline
- Hurricane Ike trial: Jurors hit National Lloyds with $915K verdict
- Galveston Co. judge arrested, charged with alleged abuse of office
- Benzene suit against 18 companies slated for trial in summer of 2014
- Taylor: TWIA reforms killed by trial lawyers, Steve Mostyn
- ‘Swamp People’ sue local residents after check for guest appearance bounces
- Suit against STI for damage suffered to rental equipment dismissed
- Mother says doctor’s late delivery to blame for son’s birth defects
- Lawsuit targets Galveston Co. for firing woman who reported alleged sexual harassment
- Ex-Kemah mayor’s defamation lawsuit scheduled for trial in July
Reader's PollLoading ...
Tag CloudAct asbestos breach of contract business Civil rights contract court death debt Discovery discrimination Eastern District of Texas employer Feb Galveston Galveston County District Court home Inc insurance Jefferson Jefferson County Jefferson County District Court judgment June law lawsuit Legal Man March Newsline Personal injury Personal Injury-motor vehicle plaintiff property Provost Umphrey Law Firm resident settlement state Texas trial vehicle water work wreck wrongful termination
NEWS WIDGETAttention bloggers:
Add Record Headlines to your site!fast + free- click here
Other Texas courts Category Archives: Other Texas courts
A Texas lawyer and lawmaker has been charged with participating in an ambulance-chasing scheme with at least seven other attorneys. State Rep. Ron Reynolds, D-Missouri City, was charged with barratry on March 25 in Montgomery County on allegations he and … Read More
A heavy downpour in Newton on Saturday didn’t dampen the spirits of those who had waited 12 years to see their beloved county courthouse rebuilt after a devastating fire. Hundreds of people huddled under umbrellas as the Newton County Courthouse … Read More
Newton residents, history buffs and fans of Texas courthouses will gather Saturday to celebrate the rededication of the Newton County Courthouse, 12 years after it was ravaged by fire. The 1902 courthouse, a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, was restored as … Read More
A Dallas attorney was indicted recently for allegedly stealing money from his clients. Thomas Corea faces four first degree felonies after he was indicted Aug. 27 by a Dallas County grand jury. He is accused of stealing settlement funds from … Read More
Corpus Christi attorney Benito Garza must surrender his law license after being charged with barratry for trying to make a sales call at a grieving woman’s home in the middle of the night.
The Smith County Courthouse in Tyler was the site of shooting in 2005.
TYLER – The recent courthouse shooting in Jefferson County is reminiscent of a 2005 courthouse shooting in Smith County that made national headlines when a Tyler man opened fire at a child support hearing and killed two people, including his ex-wife.
HOUSTON (Legal Newsline) — The defense counsel in a Texas asbestos case has filed a motion to “compel settlement trust submissions.”
A lawsuit was filed Sept. 23 against Bluebonnet Electric Cooperative, alleging the power company is responsible for the Bastrop County fire, the largest in Texas history.
The flames in Bastrop County may be extinguished, but a recently filed lawsuit is now igniting a court battle over the largest wildfire in the state’s history.
Hardin County State District Judge Britt Plunk, 64, died Tuesday morning after being rushed to an area hospital.
A Texas judge has named his former law partner as special prosecutor to look into possible wrongdoing by Toyota in a rollover lawsuit.