MOST RECENT ARGUMENTS
- Are we angry enough to do something yet?
- Okay, so maybe it wasn’t quite 44,510 . . .
- Thanks for dragging Beaumont through the mud again, Brent!
- Legally Speaking: Not your typical day in court
- Legally Speaking: Still more disorder in the court
- Legally Speaking: Free legal advice, from people who learned the hard way
Letters to the Editor
Most Popular Articles
- ‘Johnny Football’ files trademark infringement lawsuit over shirts
- Etoile couple says PU attorney should have ‘done homework’ before suing them
- Legally Speaking: You’ve Been Served — Without Ever Leaving the Computer
- Worker falls off ladder, sues homeowner
- Homeowners association president files $10 million defamation suit against resident
- ‘Swamp People’ sue local residents after check for guest appearance bounces
- Man shot while on toilet sues Remington
- UTMB department chair sought to remove ‘foreign trained’ doctors, suit says
- TV lawyer indicted for stealing clients’ money
- Insurance agent sues State Farm over ‘scratch agency’ program
Reader's PollLoading ...
Tag CloudAct asbestos breach of contract Civil rights contract court death debt Discovery discrimination Eastern District of Texas employer Feb Galveston Galveston County District Court home Inc insurance Jefferson Jefferson County Jefferson County District Court judgment June law lawsuit Legal loss Man March Newsline Personal injury Personal Injury-motor vehicle plaintiff property Provost Umphrey Law Firm resident settlement state Texas trial vehicle water work wreck wrongful termination
NEWS WIDGETAttention bloggers:
Add Record Headlines to your site!fast + free- click here
Attorney General Category Archives: Attorney General
AUSTIN (Legal Newsline) – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott announced an asset freeze and a temporary restraining order on Monday against a Florida-based tax preparation service that allegedly violated the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. LBS Tax Services allegedly engaged … Read More
AUSTIN (Legal Newsline) — Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott on Thursday came out in support of legislation that would modernize the state’s Open Meetings Act. Abbott joined state Sen. Kirk Watson, whose legislation seeks to expand the act by creating … Read More
AUSTIN (Legal Newsline) – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott joined state Sen. Kel Seliger and state Rep. Charles “Doc” Anderson on Wednesday in expressing support for legislation to strengthen the state’s right-to-work laws. Under Texas Labor Code, workers are not … Read More
AUSTIN, Texas (Legal Newsline) – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott announced two settlement agreements Wednesday with two drug manufacturers that allegedly misreported the prices of various drugs to the Medicaid program. Under the terms of the agreements, Upsher-Smith Laboratories of … Read More
BATON ROUGE (Legal Newsline) — Louisiana Attorney General James “Buddy” Caldwell last week filed a second suit against British health care giant GlaxoSmithKline LLC. This time, the attorney general is taking aim at the company’s illegal promotion of the drugs … Read More
AUSTIN (Legal Newsline) – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott announced two civil settlements on Friday with Pfizer Inc. and Endo Pharmaceuticals to resolve allegations of Medicaid fraud. Under the terms of the agreements, the state will recover $18.17 million each … Read More
DALLAS (Legal Newsline) – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott announced the resolution of the state’s action on Tuesday against a compounding pharmacy and pharmacist that allegedly compounded illegal drugs. Dallas-based pharmacist Gary Osborn and his compounding pharmacy Apothecure Inc. were … Read More
AUSTIN (Legal Newsline) – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott announced an agreed judgment on Friday against a now-bankrupt Maryland telemarketer that allegedly engaged in the unlawful marketing of personal computers to low-income consumers. Under the terms of the judgment, Joseph … Read More
AUSTIN (Legal Newsline) – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott announced a settlement Tuesday with the Swiss-based pharmaceutical company Novartis to resolve a civil fraud enforcement action that alleged unlawful and deceptive marketing. Abbott Novartis allegedly unlawfully marketed Elidel, an … Read More