PA homeowner says house demolished without notification
Port Arthur resident Herman Anderson Jr. has filed a lawsuit against the city, claiming city officials had his home demolished without giving him proper notice.
Anderson, who is seeking $25,000 in damages, filed his suit in the Jefferson County District Court on Jan. 29. He is acting as his own attorney.
According to his petition, Anderson owned a home located at 730 Orange Ave., Port Arthur.
Although a demolition permit was issued on June 26, 2007, Anderson says did not receive a 104 Letter notifying him that a demolition permit had been issued.
The suit states his home was demolished on June 26, the same day the permit was issued.
Anderson claims he had visited city hall three times prior to the demolition, and that several city officials mislead him about when his home would be demolished.
In addition, Anderson claims he lost around $13,000 in tools he was storing at his house.
The case has been assigned to Judge Bob Wortham, 58th Judicial District.
Case No. A181-136