A Florida man has filed suit against AEP River Operations, alleging he was not reimbursed for injuries he sustained while working on a boat for the company.
James L. Forholt says he sustained back, neck, eye, shoulder and hand injuries on April 24 while working as a pilot aboard the Safety First, which was owned, operated and managed by AEP River Operations.
Although Forholt does not specify how he was injured, he says his injuries resulted in physical pain, mental anguish, physical impairment, discomfort, mental anguish and distress, which will continue in the future.
In addition, he lost earning and his earning capacity and will incur medical costs, according to the complaint filed May 26 in Jefferson County District Court.
Even though Forholt was injured while working for AEP, the company has not reimbursed him for lost wages and has not provided him with medical treatment, the suit states.
Forholt is seeking an unspecified judgment in excess of the minimum jurisdictional limits of the court, plus pre- and post-judgment interest, costs and other relief to which he may be entitled.
Matthew D. Shaffer of Schechter, McElwee, Shaffer and Harris in Houston will be representing him.
The case has been assigned to Judge Bob Wortham, 58th District Court.
Jefferson County District Court case number: A184-150.
- Harris County man charges League City man with breach of contract
- Couple sues Kroger, store manager, alleging negligence in forklift accident
- Beaumont business sues Parish Truck Sales, alleging non-payment
- Appeals court affirms summary judgment win for Beaumont YMCA
- Two Texans sue driver, employers, alleging negligence in vehicle collision
- Texas City business sues Dow, Union Carbide over alleged toxic plume release
- Arnold & Itkin seek summary judgment in $4M suit for not paying client referrals
- Two women file asbestos suit against Michelin, Huntsman Petrochemical, Synpol
- Harris County woman sues Hydrochem, alleging employment discrimination
- Worker sues B&D Contractors, AG Formers, alleging unpaid overtime