A Jefferson County woman claims a local company and two individuals conned her out of $50,000.
Robyn Roberts filed a lawsuit June 2 in Jefferson County District Court against David Kim, Johnson Nguyen and D&J Investment Group.
Roberts says Kim, Nguyen and D&J promised her a very high return on her $50,000 investment if she let them borrow the money for one month.
But after Roberts loaned them her money, they never repaid her and never had any intention to reimburse her, the suit alleges.
"At this time, the Defendants owe the Plaintiff the principal amount of $70,000," the suit states.
Roberts is suing for breach of contract.
She is seeking actual damages, plus interest, costs and other relief to which she may be entitled.
John S. Morgan of Harris, Duesler and Hatfield in Beaumont will be representing her.
The case has been assigned to Judge Donald Floyd, 172nd District Court.
Jefferson County District Court case number: E184-190.
- Tyson Foods hit with $2.2M verdict following injury trial
- Dallas lawyer demands millions from city of Irving, says rights of Ahmed Mohamed were disregarded
- Texas AG silences atheists on 'In God We Trust' stickers
- Texas lawmaker convicted of illegally soliciting injury clients, faces up to one year in jail
- Two League City residents blame insurance firms, agent for not procuring coverage
- Texas, W.Va. attorneys general underscore legal limits of Obama administration on climate accord
- Obama administration takes immigration fight to Supreme Court
- Texas City law firm seeks to recover $11K from client
- Patron files $5 million suit over alleged shooting at Tiki Bar
- ICT: Texas vehicle crashes and fatalities continue to rise