A Jefferson County woman claims a local company and two individuals conned her out of $50,000.
Robyn Roberts filed a lawsuit June 2 in Jefferson County District Court against David Kim, Johnson Nguyen and D&J Investment Group.
Roberts says Kim, Nguyen and D&J promised her a very high return on her $50,000 investment if she let them borrow the money for one month.
But after Roberts loaned them her money, they never repaid her and never had any intention to reimburse her, the suit alleges.
"At this time, the Defendants owe the Plaintiff the principal amount of $70,000," the suit states.
Roberts is suing for breach of contract.
She is seeking actual damages, plus interest, costs and other relief to which she may be entitled.
John S. Morgan of Harris, Duesler and Hatfield in Beaumont will be representing her.
The case has been assigned to Judge Donald Floyd, 172nd District Court.
Jefferson County District Court case number: E184-190.
- War chests fatten as Texas SC candidates near primary
- Employee alleges Coastal Chemical did not pay overtime wages
- Trust fund trustee alleges Galveston County man owes $27,000 in unpaid rent
- Steersman blames Bolivar Barge for leg injury aboard ship
- Property owner alleges illegal construction of power lines
- Ala. couple accused of filing fraudulent Deepwater Horizon claim can't repay $1.6M
- Joint motion for dismissal filed in asbestos suit against Chevron
- Summary judgment sought in suit between Coon clan couple
- Christus purportedly settles med-mal over newborn’s skull fracture
- All insurers should resist dubious claims