A Jefferson County woman claims a local company and two individuals conned her out of $50,000.
Robyn Roberts filed a lawsuit June 2 in Jefferson County District Court against David Kim, Johnson Nguyen and D&J Investment Group.
Roberts says Kim, Nguyen and D&J promised her a very high return on her $50,000 investment if she let them borrow the money for one month.
But after Roberts loaned them her money, they never repaid her and never had any intention to reimburse her, the suit alleges.
"At this time, the Defendants owe the Plaintiff the principal amount of $70,000," the suit states.
Roberts is suing for breach of contract.
She is seeking actual damages, plus interest, costs and other relief to which she may be entitled.
John S. Morgan of Harris, Duesler and Hatfield in Beaumont will be representing her.
The case has been assigned to Judge Donald Floyd, 172nd District Court.
Jefferson County District Court case number: E184-190.
- Bank seeks expedited foreclosure on property in Nederland
- National Oilwell Varco sued over alleged unpaid overtime
- Million dollar suit bought against several boat charterers
- New business licenses/assumed names issued in Jefferson County
- Jefferson County 172nd Court District Docket: November 2015
- ‘Mass tort warehouse’ fires fund officer to avoid paying him millions for acquiring 14,000 mesh claims, suit alleges
- Recent patent infringement cases filed in the Eastern District of Texas
- Maggo's Sports Bar & Taqueria, agents sued over alleged unpaid minimum and overtime wages
- GSV Transportation and driver sued over alleged negligence in I-10 vehicle collision
- Texas AG applauds stay of ‘illegal’ water rule