A Jefferson County woman claims a local company and two individuals conned her out of $50,000.
Robyn Roberts filed a lawsuit June 2 in Jefferson County District Court against David Kim, Johnson Nguyen and D&J Investment Group.
Roberts says Kim, Nguyen and D&J promised her a very high return on her $50,000 investment if she let them borrow the money for one month.
But after Roberts loaned them her money, they never repaid her and never had any intention to reimburse her, the suit alleges.
"At this time, the Defendants owe the Plaintiff the principal amount of $70,000," the suit states.
Roberts is suing for breach of contract.
She is seeking actual damages, plus interest, costs and other relief to which she may be entitled.
John S. Morgan of Harris, Duesler and Hatfield in Beaumont will be representing her.
The case has been assigned to Judge Donald Floyd, 172nd District Court.
Jefferson County District Court case number: E184-190.
- Three accident victims take driver to court for failed u-turn maneuver
- Texas jury cuffs China-based company with $31.5M patent infringement verdict
- Woman struck in vehicle at intersection sues for damages in roll-over accident
- Pedestrian faults alleged inebriated driver for hitting him
- Woman blames couple for damages and injuries in collision
- Railway worker claims damages from abrupt locomotive jolt
- Hotel guest sues for damages, claiming disabled door struck him
- Montgomery County man wants to know if jury pools are racially balanced
- MetLife suspects widow of murder, seeks representation for surviving children
- Suit alleging FMLA violation brought against Avance Inc.