TYLER -- A settlement has been reached between attorney Eric Albritton and Cisco Systems and the Patent Troll Tracker.
Testimony had wrapped in the defamation trial, but the parties agreed to a settlement before the case went to the jury.
Albritton had accused Cisco and its former employee Richard Frenkel of writing false information about him on Frenkel's anonymous Patent Troll Tracker blog.
The blogger wrote in 2007 that Albritton and attorney T. John Ward Jr. conspired with the district clerk to change the filing date of a patent infringement lawsuit in an attempt to manipulate the venue.
The trial began Sept. 14 in the Tyler Division of the Eastern District of Texas with U.S. District Judge Richard Schell presiding.
Check back later today with the Southeast Texas Record for the complete story!
- Three accident victims take driver to court for failed u-turn maneuver
- Texas jury cuffs China-based company with $31.5M patent infringement verdict
- Woman struck in vehicle at intersection sues for damages in roll-over accident
- Pedestrian faults alleged inebriated driver for hitting him
- Woman blames couple for damages and injuries in collision
- Railway worker claims damages from abrupt locomotive jolt
- Hotel guest sues for damages, claiming disabled door struck him
- Montgomery County man wants to know if jury pools are racially balanced
- MetLife suspects widow of murder, seeks representation for surviving children
- Suit alleging FMLA violation brought against Avance Inc.