TYLER -- A settlement has been reached between attorney Eric Albritton and Cisco Systems and the Patent Troll Tracker.
Testimony had wrapped in the defamation trial, but the parties agreed to a settlement before the case went to the jury.
Albritton had accused Cisco and its former employee Richard Frenkel of writing false information about him on Frenkel's anonymous Patent Troll Tracker blog.
The blogger wrote in 2007 that Albritton and attorney T. John Ward Jr. conspired with the district clerk to change the filing date of a patent infringement lawsuit in an attempt to manipulate the venue.
The trial began Sept. 14 in the Tyler Division of the Eastern District of Texas with U.S. District Judge Richard Schell presiding.
Check back later today with the Southeast Texas Record for the complete story!
- Parents blame Sulphur Springs, Hopkins County for son's death
- Barratry suit against Livesay ends after evidence of entrapment comes to light
- Former employee alleges Beale's negligence led to injury
- Former employee alleges Nobe-Nash failed to pay overtime
- Two workers accuse Tenaris Hydril of age discrimination
- Whirlpool adds new complaint to series of lawsuits over alleged infringement of water filter patent
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- War chests fatten as Texas SC candidates near primary
- Employee alleges Coastal Chemical did not pay overtime wages
- Trust fund trustee alleges Galveston County man owes $27,000 in unpaid rent