TYLER -- A settlement has been reached between attorney Eric Albritton and Cisco Systems and the Patent Troll Tracker.
Testimony had wrapped in the defamation trial, but the parties agreed to a settlement before the case went to the jury.
Albritton had accused Cisco and its former employee Richard Frenkel of writing false information about him on Frenkel's anonymous Patent Troll Tracker blog.
The blogger wrote in 2007 that Albritton and attorney T. John Ward Jr. conspired with the district clerk to change the filing date of a patent infringement lawsuit in an attempt to manipulate the venue.
The trial began Sept. 14 in the Tyler Division of the Eastern District of Texas with U.S. District Judge Richard Schell presiding.
Check back later today with the Southeast Texas Record for the complete story!
- Lab technician alleges Hunt Regional Medical Center guilty of disability discrimination
- Mechanic sues Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, alleging unpaid overtime
- Two employees accuse Barringer-Knoll, supervisor of unpaid overtime
- Lumberton woman blames Southeast Texas Portable Moving, driver for vehicle collision
- Mother blames Port Arthur motorist for negligence in collision with her son
- Woman sues Wal-Mart, alleging negligence for in-store accident
- Trucker alleges Premier Tank Truck Service did not pay overtime
- Loan officer alleges Great Plains National Bank did not pay overtime wages
- Oil rig inspector alleges Tailing practices illegal overtime pay policy
- Couple sues 21st Century Centennial Insurance, seeks uninsured benefits