Widow, 10 children file asbestos suit against Texaco
The surviving spouse and children of a deceased man have filed suit against Texaco, claiming the man was exposed to asbestos fibers during his work for the company.
Veola Forse, wife of Floyd Forse, and his 10 children say he died on March 4, 2008, from an asbestos-related disease.
The plaintiffs allege the disease was caused by asbestos fibers that Floyd Forse inhaled while working as a laborer, insulator helper, machinist helper, stillman and press operator at Texaco in Port Arthur, according to the complaint filed Oct. 7 in Jefferson County District Court.
They blame Texaco for causing the disease, alleging the company knew about the dangers of asbestos but still allowed its employees to work around the products. In addition, Texaco failed to warn Floyd Forse about the dangers of asbestos exposure, the suit states.
Veola Forse and her children are seeking exemplary and punitive damages, plus interest, costs and other relief to which they may be entitled.
In addition to Veola Forse, the other plaintiffs named in the suit are Patricia Beavers, Gwendolyn Walden, Michelle Stansbury, Steven Forse, Maurice Forse, Rebecca Caswell, William Forse, Jennifer Phillips, Richard Forse and Floyd J. Forse.
J. Keith Hyde and D'Juana Parks of Provost and Umphrey Law Firm in Beaumont will be representing them.
The case has been assigned to Judge Milton Shuffield, 136th District Court.
Jefferson County District Court case number: D185-079.