A Silsbee resident is suing a debt collector for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Cheryl Moss filed suit against Portfolio Recovery Associates on June 21 in the Eastern District of Texas, Beaumont Division.
Moss states that the defendant constantly and continuously places collection calls to her seeking and demanding payment for the alleged debt.
The defendant is accused of violating federal regulations by using profanity during a conversation with Moss and for calling after 10 p.m.
Moss is seeking statutory damages, actual damages, costs and attorneys' fees.
The plaintiff is represented by Dave Lilley of Alex Simanovsky & Associates in Wichita Falls.
Jury trial is requested.
U.S. District Judge Marcia A. Crone is assigned to the case.
Case No. 1:10cv00356
- A litigious look at the Dallas attorney who represents ‘clock boy’
- Elevate Learning sued over alleged unpaid overtime
- Harris County worker alleges Four Seasons Development, owner failed to pay minimum, overtime wages
- Worker alleges C&J Energy Services did not pay overtime
- Motiva seeks to designate responsible third party in $1M injury suit
- Default judgment sought in dram shop suit against Tequila Rok
- A letter to Secretary Kerry
- Ohio motorist blames Nicolas Trucking, employee for vehicle collision
- Business partner seeks more than $50,000 from Bayou Vista woman in real estate deal
- Motorist sues estate of dead man, alleging negligence in vehicle collision