A Silsbee resident is suing a debt collector for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Cheryl Moss filed suit against Portfolio Recovery Associates on June 21 in the Eastern District of Texas, Beaumont Division.
Moss states that the defendant constantly and continuously places collection calls to her seeking and demanding payment for the alleged debt.
The defendant is accused of violating federal regulations by using profanity during a conversation with Moss and for calling after 10 p.m.
Moss is seeking statutory damages, actual damages, costs and attorneys' fees.
The plaintiff is represented by Dave Lilley of Alex Simanovsky & Associates in Wichita Falls.
Jury trial is requested.
U.S. District Judge Marcia A. Crone is assigned to the case.
Case No. 1:10cv00356
- Woman sues ADT after burglary, assault by three men
- Trial of suit alleging barge inspector thrown from gangway starts
- Gulf States, federal government announce settlement with BP over Deepwater Horizon spill
- Patient sues nursing home, alleging poor standard of care
- On cockroaches and some asbestos attorneys
- Farmers charge two companies with herbicidal crop damage
- Patron sues Wendy’s, alleging negligence for fall
- Warner Bros, Hayes siblings hit with copyright suit over 2013 blockbuster 'The Conjuring'
- New business licenses/assumed names issued in Jefferson County
- Jefferson County 136th Court District : November 2015