A Silsbee resident is suing a debt collector for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Cheryl Moss filed suit against Portfolio Recovery Associates on June 21 in the Eastern District of Texas, Beaumont Division.
Moss states that the defendant constantly and continuously places collection calls to her seeking and demanding payment for the alleged debt.
The defendant is accused of violating federal regulations by using profanity during a conversation with Moss and for calling after 10 p.m.
Moss is seeking statutory damages, actual damages, costs and attorneys' fees.
The plaintiff is represented by Dave Lilley of Alex Simanovsky & Associates in Wichita Falls.
Jury trial is requested.
U.S. District Judge Marcia A. Crone is assigned to the case.
Case No. 1:10cv00356
- Three accident victims take driver to court for failed u-turn maneuver
- Texas jury cuffs China-based company with $31.5M patent infringement verdict
- Woman struck in vehicle at intersection sues for damages in roll-over accident
- Pedestrian faults alleged inebriated driver for hitting him
- Woman blames couple for damages and injuries in collision
- Railway worker claims damages from abrupt locomotive jolt
- Hotel guest sues for damages, claiming disabled door struck him
- Montgomery County man wants to know if jury pools are racially balanced
- MetLife suspects widow of murder, seeks representation for surviving children
- Suit alleging FMLA violation brought against Avance Inc.