A Silsbee resident is suing a debt collector for violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Cheryl Moss filed suit against Portfolio Recovery Associates on June 21 in the Eastern District of Texas, Beaumont Division.
Moss states that the defendant constantly and continuously places collection calls to her seeking and demanding payment for the alleged debt.
The defendant is accused of violating federal regulations by using profanity during a conversation with Moss and for calling after 10 p.m.
Moss is seeking statutory damages, actual damages, costs and attorneys' fees.
The plaintiff is represented by Dave Lilley of Alex Simanovsky & Associates in Wichita Falls.
Jury trial is requested.
U.S. District Judge Marcia A. Crone is assigned to the case.
Case No. 1:10cv00356
- Joint motion for dismissal filed in asbestos suit against Chevron
- Summary judgment sought in suit between Coon clan couple
- Christus purportedly settles med-mal over newborn’s skull fracture
- All insurers should resist dubious claims
- Longtime employee alleges BP practiced gender discrimination
- Customer blames Walgreens for injuries on premises
- Harris County worker alleges AANT Investments failed to pay overtime
- Texas business alleges breach of contract by Bloom Energy
- Motorist blames Beaumont for vehicle collision
- Recent patent infringement cases filed in the Eastern District of Texas