Man seeks TRO to stop city from demolishing historic Beaumont home

David Yates Feb. 3, 2011, 5:48am

324 La Salle St.

Houston resident Aaron Conley has filed a request for a temporary restraining order to stop the city of Beaumont from demolishing a home "with historic roots" he recently acquired.

The TRO application was filed Jan. 26 in Jefferson County District Court.

In his petition, Conley says he purchased the home, located at 324 La Salle St. in Beaumont, on Jan. 26 "to save it from demolition and to (restore) the home to its past historical roots."

The city had already condemned the structure and slated it for demolishment before Conley made the purchase.

Conley says he's invested nearly all his savings into the home and will suffer immediate and irreparable injury unless the court issues an injunction against the city.

In addition to the TRO and injunction, Conley is seeking to recover court costs.

He is representing himself.

Judge Bob Wortham, 58th District Court, has been assigned to the case.

Case No. A189-260

More News