MARSHALL - Claiming his employer is violating the Age Discrimination and Employment Act by discriminating against older employees, Ben L. Pate filed suit against ConAgra Foods Sales Inc. on June 10 in the Eastern District of Texas, Marshall Division.
According to the lawsuit, Pate was employed by the defendant for more than 38 years and was an account manager at the time of his termination.
Pate claims that the discrimination began when Jill Spitzer was promoted to director of sales and started a "pattern of conduct of discrimination against and harassing older employees, including Plaintiff."
In addition, Pate alleges that ConAgra was investigated by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in late 2007 and he provided statements regarding the defendant's discriminatory practices.
The defendant is accused of disparate treatment, retaliation, harassment, willful violations and malice.
The plaintiff is seeking damages for back pay and benefits, front pay and benefits, compensatory damages, liquidated damages, punitive damages, interest, attorney's fees and court costs.
Pate is represented by Roger W. Anderson of Gillen & Anderson in Tyler.
U.S. District Judge T. John Ward is assigned to the case.
Case No. 2:11-cv-00282
- Motiva seeks to designate responsible third party in $1M injury suit
- Default judgment sought in dram shop suit against Tequila Rok
- A letter to Secretary Kerry
- Ohio motorist blames Nicolas Trucking, employee for vehicle collision
- Business partner seeks more than $50,000 from Bayou Vista woman in real estate deal
- Motorist sues estate of dead man, alleging negligence in vehicle collision
- Employee alleges Breakpoint Services did not pay overtime
- The longhorn: Texas tough
- Recent patent infringement cases filed in the Eastern District of Texas
- Jefferson County 60th Court District: January 2015