GALVESTON - A Friendswood woman's lawsuit over a botched highlighted job was recently dismissed by a local county court judge's final judgment.
Plaintiff Jessica Sharer and defendants Final Touch Hair Salon and employee Carolyn Menotti have settled and compromised the suit close to a year after it was filed in Galveston County Court at Law No. 2.
Galveston County Court at Law No. 2 Judge Barbara Roberts signed the two-page order last June 20.
Sharer sued Final Touch and Menotti in July 2010, claiming a certain product applied to her hair on Oct. 22, 2008, was used improperly.
The plaintiff, who was a customer of the defendant for approximately a year prior to the incident in question, explains that Menotti told her about a product that would reduce the need to highlight frequently.
The stylist, however, did not apply the product correctly and Sharer's scalp began burning, the suit says.
According to Sharer, her hair had turned white by the time she returned home.
She originally thought the white hair was a result of a bad highlighting job, but later learned her hair was burned and damaged, the original petition states.
The defendants filed an original answer a month after being served, formally contesting the complainant's allegations.
The judgment rules that Sharer takes nothing against the respondents.
Cause No. 63,354
- Recent patent infringement cases filed in the Eastern District of Texas
- Maggo's Sports Bar & Taqueria, agents sued over alleged unpaid minimum and overtime wages
- GSV Transportation and driver sued over alleged negligence in I-10 vehicle collision
- Texas AG applauds stay of ‘illegal’ water rule
- Texas AG sues Volkswagen over environmental violations
- Harris County man charges League City man with breach of contract
- Couple sues Kroger, store manager, alleging negligence in forklift accident
- Dragon Products sues Parish Truck Sales, alleging non-payment
- Appeals court affirms summary judgment win for Beaumont YMCA
- Two Texans sue driver, employers, alleging negligence in vehicle collision