A Jefferson County woman claims she lost her job as admissions director at a Dallas healthcare facility due to her age.
Clydell Green filed a lawsuit Sept. 30 in Jefferson County District Court against Trisun Healthcare.
In her complaint, Green alleges she began working for Trisun in 1986 and continued her work until Feb. 17 when she was terminated.
"Plaintiff was a good and loyal employee, and was given promotions and raises throughout the years, rising to the level of assistant administrator," the suit states. "On February 17, 2011, Trisun Healthcare terminated Clydell Green and hired a younger person to replace Plaintiff."
Trisun told Green it was firing her because she was not a team player, according to the complaint. However, the 70-year-old Green alleges she lost her job because of her age.
"Plaintiff demonstrated without question over the years her willingness to serve the interests of the nursing home and its owners," the suit states. "Prior to the termination, Trisun Healthcare began a course of making pretextual 'write-ups' criticizing Plaintiff's conduct. These 'write-ups' were based on false allegations and not supported by any facts."
Because of her job loss, Green claims she lost an annual income of more than $44,000, plus benefits of $11,000. In addition, she has sunken into a serious depression and suffers from headaches, nausea and the inability to sleep soundly, according to the complaint.
In her complaint, Green seeks back pay in excess of the minimum jurisdictional limits of Jefferson County District Court, front pay, actual damages and exemplary damages, plus costs, attorney's fees and other relief the court deems just.
Clay Dugas and Mike Jacobellis of Clay Dugas and Associates in Beaumont will be representing her.
Judge Donald Floyd, 172nd District Court, has been assigned to the case.
Case No. E191-029
- CS Metals Inc. accused of not paying overtime wages
- Woman sues trucker, employer over alleged injuries suffered in crash
- Insurance company demands sharing of payment after settlement
- Man alleges unpaid bonus after termination from RDO Equipment
- Tenants file suit over alleged violation of property codes
- Woman sues grocery chain over a slip and fall at a Friendswood store
- Couple seeks damages after alleged injuries in landfill accident
- Driver seeks damages for alleged injuries in FM 14 accident
- Workers seek compensation for allegedly unpaid overtime and wages
- Galveston County man files to have lien removed