Mother claims MCM Elegante allowed son to die from drug overdose

David Yates Nov. 15, 2011, 2:57am


Shelly Kay Easterling is suing the MCM Elegante Hotel on behalf of her late son, Guy Lambert, who overdosed on drugs and was found dead inside his hotel room.

According to the suit, filed Nov. 8 in Jefferson County District Court, on Dec. 9, 2010, Lambert, 26, checked into a room at the Beaumont hotel after returning from work out of the country.

Later that evening, Lambert failed to meet his brother Chase Lambert as planned and was no longer responding to texts and phone calls. Chase drove to the Elegante but was refused access to his brother's room and left only after hotel staff threatened to call police.

The following morning, hotel employees found Lambert dead inside his room, the suit states.

"Autopsy results ... indicate Lambert's death was an accident as a result of drug toxicity," the suit states.

"(Had) defendant and/or its employees honored the repeated requests of Chase Lambert to check on the health and safety of his brother in his hotel room, medical care could have been provided and Lambert's death could have been prevented."

The suit alleges the Elegante negligently failed to lookout for Lambert's safety.

The plaintiff is suing for wrongful death damages.

Beaumont attorneys Doug Sikes and Mark Sparks of Provost Umphrey represent the plaintiff.

Judge Bob Wortham, 58th District Court, is assigned to the case.

Case No. A191-312

More News