Contractors sued for not warning of waxy floor
A Petsmart employee is suing Karmay Janitorial Services and Transfield Services for not warning him that an excessive amount of wax had been dumped on the floor.
Robert and Cathy Chiszar filed the suit Jan. 17 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, on April 27, 2010, the defendants were performing remolding construction at the Beaumont Petsmart when Robert "took a hard fall due to excessive amounts of wax that had been dumped on the floor."
The suit accuses the defendants of failing to post signs warning of the dangerous condition.
Robert is suing for his alleged past and future medical expenses, mental anguish, pain, impairment, disfigurement and lost wages, plus all court costs.
His wife is seeking loss of consortium damages.
Beaumont attorney Jonathan Juhan represents them.
Judge Bob Wortham, 58th District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. A191-665