Beaumont local Ronald Randle has filed suit against Lakarra Monet Broussard, also a Beaumont resident, for causing a motor vehicle collision.
The suit was filed Feb. 27 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, Broussard caused a motorcycle collision on July 23, 2011, when she drove through a red light at the intersection of Washington Boulevard and the Interstate 10 service road.
The suit accuses Broussard of negligently failing to yield the right of way, keep a proper lookout and apply her brakes in a timely manner.
The plaintiff is suing for his alleged past and future medical expenses, mental anguish, pain, impairment, disfigurement and lost wages, plus all court costs.
Beaumont attorney Tommy Yeates of Moore, Landrey represents him.
Judge Milton Shuffield, 136th District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. D192-025
- Tyson Foods hit with $2.2M verdict following injury trial
- Dallas lawyer demands millions from city of Irving, says rights of Ahmed Mohamed were disregarded
- Texas AG silences atheists on 'In God We Trust' stickers
- Texas lawmaker convicted of illegally soliciting injury clients, faces up to one year in jail
- Two League City residents blame insurance firms, agent for not procuring coverage
- Texas, W.Va. attorneys general underscore legal limits of Obama administration on climate accord
- Obama administration takes immigration fight to Supreme Court
- Texas City law firm seeks to recover $11K from client
- Patron files $5 million suit over alleged shooting at Tiki Bar
- ICT: Texas vehicle crashes and fatalities continue to rise