Beaumont local Ronald Randle has filed suit against Lakarra Monet Broussard, also a Beaumont resident, for causing a motor vehicle collision.
The suit was filed Feb. 27 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, Broussard caused a motorcycle collision on July 23, 2011, when she drove through a red light at the intersection of Washington Boulevard and the Interstate 10 service road.
The suit accuses Broussard of negligently failing to yield the right of way, keep a proper lookout and apply her brakes in a timely manner.
The plaintiff is suing for his alleged past and future medical expenses, mental anguish, pain, impairment, disfigurement and lost wages, plus all court costs.
Beaumont attorney Tommy Yeates of Moore, Landrey represents him.
Judge Milton Shuffield, 136th District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. D192-025
- Three accident victims take driver to court for failed u-turn maneuver
- Texas jury cuffs China-based company with $31.5M patent infringement verdict
- Woman struck in vehicle at intersection sues for damages in roll-over accident
- Pedestrian faults alleged inebriated driver for hitting him
- Woman blames couple for damages and injuries in collision
- Railway worker claims damages from abrupt locomotive jolt
- Hotel guest sues for damages, claiming disabled door struck him
- Montgomery County man wants to know if jury pools are racially balanced
- MetLife suspects widow of murder, seeks representation for surviving children
- Suit alleging FMLA violation brought against Avance Inc.