An Orange County man claims he and his minor daughter sustained injuries during a collision.
Thomas Christopher Griffith filed a lawsuit Feb. 22 in Jefferson County District Court against Keri Thomsen Hampton.
In his complaint, Thomas Griffith alleges he drove a vehicle pulling a trailer west on State Highway 124 in Fannett on March 26, 2010, when Hampton struck his vehicle, causing him to hit the automobile in front of him. At the time of the collision, Chloe Griffith rode in the vehicle with Thomas Griffith.
Because of the collision, Thomas Griffith sustained back, shoulder and neck injuries while Chloe Griffith sustained head, neck and shoulder injuries, according to the complaint. In addition, the Griffiths incurred medical costs and experienced physical pain, suffering, physical impairment and mental anguish, the suit states.
Thomas Griffith blames Hampton for causing the collision, saying she failed to control her speed, failed to keep a proper lookout and failed to timely apply her brakes, the complaint says.
In his complaint, Thomas Griffith is seeking a judgment within the jurisdictional limits of the court, plus pre-judgment interest at the maximum rate allowed by law, post-judgment interest at the legal rate, costs and other relief the court deems just.
Jill S. Chatelain of McPherson, Hughes, Bradley, Wimberley, Steele and Chatelain in Port Arthur will be representing him.
Judge Milton Shuffield, 136th District Court, has been assigned to the case.
Case No. D192-005
- Recent patent infringement cases filed in the Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Congressman says asbestos reform needed to protect veterans, first responders
- Family of man killed in 2013 rear-end collision sues driver, alleging negligence
- Seaman blames two marime companies for accident aboard vessel
- Motorist sues Bay Oil Company, alleging negligence in collision
- Seaman sues maritime company, alleging negligence in accident aboard vessel
- Slip & fall at ice machine results in suit against Valero
- Inspection Oilfield Services sued over unpaid overtime allegations
- Harris Co. man sues United Airlines over fall from jetbridge at Singapore airport
- Galveston County man sues businesses, alleging negligence in fall