A woman and a minor are suing a Nederland man who allegedly was driving while intoxicated for injuries they received in an automobile collision two years ago.
Individually, and as next of friend of Rachel Rodriguez, Misty Rodriguez filed suit against Ryan Johnson on March 5 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, on March 3, 2010, the plaintiffs were traveling north on Highway 69 approaching 39th Street in Port Arthur when Johnson rear-ended them.
The suit accuses Johnson of negligently failing to keep a proper lookout, apply his brakes and avoid the collision.
The investigating officer determined Johnson was driving while intoxicated, the suit states.
Damages sought by the plaintiffs are not stated in the suit.
Houston attorney Michelle Blum represents them.
Judge Donald Floyd, 172nd District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. E192-050
- Tyson Foods hit with $2.2M verdict following injury trial
- Dallas lawyer demands millions from city of Irving, says rights of Ahmed Mohamed were disregarded
- Texas AG silences atheists on 'In God We Trust' stickers
- Texas lawmaker convicted of illegally soliciting injury clients, faces up to one year in jail
- Two League City residents blame insurance firms, agent for not procuring coverage
- Texas, W.Va. attorneys general underscore legal limits of Obama administration on climate accord
- Obama administration takes immigration fight to Supreme Court
- Texas City law firm seeks to recover $11K from client
- Patron files $5 million suit over alleged shooting at Tiki Bar
- ICT: Texas vehicle crashes and fatalities continue to rise