A woman and a minor are suing a Nederland man who allegedly was driving while intoxicated for injuries they received in an automobile collision two years ago.
Individually, and as next of friend of Rachel Rodriguez, Misty Rodriguez filed suit against Ryan Johnson on March 5 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, on March 3, 2010, the plaintiffs were traveling north on Highway 69 approaching 39th Street in Port Arthur when Johnson rear-ended them.
The suit accuses Johnson of negligently failing to keep a proper lookout, apply his brakes and avoid the collision.
The investigating officer determined Johnson was driving while intoxicated, the suit states.
Damages sought by the plaintiffs are not stated in the suit.
Houston attorney Michelle Blum represents them.
Judge Donald Floyd, 172nd District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. E192-050
- Three accident victims take driver to court for failed u-turn maneuver
- Texas jury cuffs China-based company with $31.5M patent infringement verdict
- Woman struck in vehicle at intersection sues for damages in roll-over accident
- Pedestrian faults alleged inebriated driver for hitting him
- Woman blames couple for damages and injuries in collision
- Railway worker claims damages from abrupt locomotive jolt
- Hotel guest sues for damages, claiming disabled door struck him
- Montgomery County man wants to know if jury pools are racially balanced
- MetLife suspects widow of murder, seeks representation for surviving children
- Suit alleging FMLA violation brought against Avance Inc.