A woman and a minor are suing a Nederland man who allegedly was driving while intoxicated for injuries they received in an automobile collision two years ago.
Individually, and as next of friend of Rachel Rodriguez, Misty Rodriguez filed suit against Ryan Johnson on March 5 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, on March 3, 2010, the plaintiffs were traveling north on Highway 69 approaching 39th Street in Port Arthur when Johnson rear-ended them.
The suit accuses Johnson of negligently failing to keep a proper lookout, apply his brakes and avoid the collision.
The investigating officer determined Johnson was driving while intoxicated, the suit states.
Damages sought by the plaintiffs are not stated in the suit.
Houston attorney Michelle Blum represents them.
Judge Donald Floyd, 172nd District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. E192-050
- Texas AG sues Volkswagen over environmental violations
- Harris County man charges League City man with breach of contract
- Couple sues Kroger, store manager, alleging negligence in forklift accident
- Dragon Products sues Parish Truck Sales, alleging non-payment
- Appeals court affirms summary judgment win for Beaumont YMCA
- Two Texans sue driver, employers, alleging negligence in vehicle collision
- Texas City business sues Dow, Union Carbide over alleged toxic plume release
- Arnold & Itkin seek summary judgment in $4M suit for not paying client referrals
- Two women file asbestos suit against Michelin, Huntsman Petrochemical, Synpol
- Harris County woman sues Hydrochem, alleging employment discrimination