A woman and a minor are suing a Nederland man who allegedly was driving while intoxicated for injuries they received in an automobile collision two years ago.
Individually, and as next of friend of Rachel Rodriguez, Misty Rodriguez filed suit against Ryan Johnson on March 5 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, on March 3, 2010, the plaintiffs were traveling north on Highway 69 approaching 39th Street in Port Arthur when Johnson rear-ended them.
The suit accuses Johnson of negligently failing to keep a proper lookout, apply his brakes and avoid the collision.
The investigating officer determined Johnson was driving while intoxicated, the suit states.
Damages sought by the plaintiffs are not stated in the suit.
Houston attorney Michelle Blum represents them.
Judge Donald Floyd, 172nd District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. E192-050
- Joint motion for dismissal filed in asbestos suit against Chevron
- Summary judgment sought in suit between Coon clan couple
- Christus purportedly settles med-mal over newborn’s skull fracture
- All insurers should resist dubious claims
- Longtime employee alleges BP practiced gender discrimination
- Customer blames Walgreens for injuries on premises
- Harris County worker alleges AANT Investments failed to pay overtime
- Texas business alleges breach of contract by Bloom Energy
- Motorist blames Beaumont for vehicle collision
- Recent patent infringement cases filed in the Eastern District of Texas