Alleging he tripped over uneven sidewalk, area resident Fredrick Perkins has field suit against Walgreen Co.
The suit was filed Oct. 22 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, on March 30 Perkins was shopping at a Walgreens. As he exited the building he tripped and fell in an uneven area of sidewalk, causing him to fall into the parking lot and injure his left hand and right shoulder.
“Said injuries were proximately caused by the negligence of the defendant,” the suit states. “Defendant knew or should have known of the dangerous condition created by the uneven sidewalk.”
The suit further accuses the defendant of negligently failing to repair the sidewalk and warn customers of the danger.
The plaintiff is suing for his alleged past and future medical expenses, mental anguish, impairment and pain.
Port Arthur attorney Brandon Monk represents him.
Judge Bob Wortham, 58th District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. A193-390
- Lab technician alleges Hunt Regional Medical Center guilty of disability discrimination
- Mechanic sues Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, alleging unpaid overtime
- Two employees accuse Barringer-Knoll, supervisor of unpaid overtime
- Lumberton woman blames Southeast Texas Portable Moving, driver for vehicle collision
- Mother blames Port Arthur motorist for negligence in collision with her son
- Woman sues Wal-Mart, alleging negligence for in-store accident
- Trucker alleges Premier Tank Truck Service did not pay overtime
- Loan officer alleges Great Plains National Bank did not pay overtime wages
- Oil rig inspector alleges Tailing practices illegal overtime pay policy
- Couple sues 21st Century Centennial Insurance, seeks uninsured benefits