Houston man files suit after welding hose explodes in his face

John Suayan, Galveston Bureau Feb. 4, 2013, 2:38pm

HOUSTON - Houston resident Bobby Gilbert is suing The Home Depot and Parker Hannifin Corp. after he purchased a welding hose that reportedly exploded near his face. 

Gilbert filed suit Jan. 4 in Harris County District Court, but defendants removed the case to the Houston Division of the Southern District of Texas on Jan. 31.

According to the suit, Gilbert bought the acetylene/oxygen welding hose, manufactured by Parker Hannifin, from The Home Depot on Jan. 6, 2011, to use on a welding tank at his place of business.

According to the original petition, when Gilbert connected the hose to the tank the hose burst. He claims he suffered hearing loss and an eye injury.

After the incident, Gilbert was taken to the DCH Northport Medical Center for treatment.

Visits to Bayshore Medical Center, The Radiology Clinic, Eye Excellence and the office of Dr. Andres H. Keichian soon followed.

Gilbert claims there were "no warnings sufficient to apprise [him] that the welding hose, purchased from the defendants, would cause the kind of injury and damage suffered."

Consequently, he seeks unspecified monetary damages.

Attorney Eric C. Hixon with The Hixon Law Firm in Bellaire is representing the plaintiff.

Case No. 4:13-CV-248

More News