TYLER - A secretary has filed a lawsuit against a Kilgore company claiming it violating federal law by failing to pay overtime wages.
Jetta Wheeler filed suit against Safedrill Inspection Inc. on Jan. 28 in the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division.
Wheeler worked for the defendant as a secretary and claims she was improperly classified as an exempt employee. According to the lawsuit, she worked in excess of 40 hours per week, but was not compensated for those hours at the appropriate overtime rate.
The defendant is accused of violating the Fair Labor Standards Act by failing to pay for all time worked.
The plaintiff is seeking an award of damages for unpaid wages, overtime, liquidated damages, court costs and attorney’s fees.
Wheeler is represented by Tyler attorney Bob Whitehurst. A jury trial is requested.
U.S. District Judge Leonard E. Davis is assigned to the case.
Case No. 6:13-cv-00105
- Recent patent infringement cases filed in the Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Congressman says asbestos reform needed to protect veterans, first responders
- Family of man killed in 2013 rear-end collision sues driver, alleging negligence
- Seaman blames two marime companies for accident aboard vessel
- Motorist sues Bay Oil Company, alleging negligence in collision
- Seaman sues maritime company, alleging negligence in accident aboard vessel
- Slip & fall at ice machine results in suit against Valero
- Inspection Oilfield Services sued over unpaid overtime allegations
- Harris Co. man sues United Airlines over fall from jetbridge at Singapore airport
- Galveston County man sues businesses, alleging negligence in fall