TYLER - A secretary has filed a lawsuit against a Kilgore company claiming it violating federal law by failing to pay overtime wages.
Jetta Wheeler filed suit against Safedrill Inspection Inc. on Jan. 28 in the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division.
Wheeler worked for the defendant as a secretary and claims she was improperly classified as an exempt employee. According to the lawsuit, she worked in excess of 40 hours per week, but was not compensated for those hours at the appropriate overtime rate.
The defendant is accused of violating the Fair Labor Standards Act by failing to pay for all time worked.
The plaintiff is seeking an award of damages for unpaid wages, overtime, liquidated damages, court costs and attorney’s fees.
Wheeler is represented by Tyler attorney Bob Whitehurst. A jury trial is requested.
U.S. District Judge Leonard E. Davis is assigned to the case.
Case No. 6:13-cv-00105
- Three accident victims take driver to court for failed u-turn maneuver
- Texas jury cuffs China-based company with $31.5M patent infringement verdict
- Woman struck in vehicle at intersection sues for damages in roll-over accident
- Pedestrian faults alleged inebriated driver for hitting him
- Woman blames couple for damages and injuries in collision
- Railway worker claims damages from abrupt locomotive jolt
- Hotel guest sues for damages, claiming disabled door struck him
- Montgomery County man wants to know if jury pools are racially balanced
- MetLife suspects widow of murder, seeks representation for surviving children
- Suit alleging FMLA violation brought against Avance Inc.