TYLER - A secretary has filed a lawsuit against a Kilgore company claiming it violating federal law by failing to pay overtime wages.
Jetta Wheeler filed suit against Safedrill Inspection Inc. on Jan. 28 in the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division.
Wheeler worked for the defendant as a secretary and claims she was improperly classified as an exempt employee. According to the lawsuit, she worked in excess of 40 hours per week, but was not compensated for those hours at the appropriate overtime rate.
The defendant is accused of violating the Fair Labor Standards Act by failing to pay for all time worked.
The plaintiff is seeking an award of damages for unpaid wages, overtime, liquidated damages, court costs and attorney’s fees.
Wheeler is represented by Tyler attorney Bob Whitehurst. A jury trial is requested.
U.S. District Judge Leonard E. Davis is assigned to the case.
Case No. 6:13-cv-00105
- Marathon sued for injuries allegedly caused by refinery explosion
- Former Cameron International recruiter claims the company failed to pay overtime
- Longview woman accused of negligent driving
- Connecticut man alleges Texas real estate broker withheld payments
- Worker alleges Armada Towing did not pay overtime
- Texas AG reaches $470M joint state-federal settlement with HSBC
- Shopper blames Target after slipping in store
- Worker blames Westmoreland Builders for two weeks spent in coma
- Texas wrecker service alleges Metro Tow Truck guilty of fraud
- Oilfield workers allege BTI Services, Warrior Energy failed to pay overtime