TYLER - A secretary has filed a lawsuit against a Kilgore company claiming it violating federal law by failing to pay overtime wages.
Jetta Wheeler filed suit against Safedrill Inspection Inc. on Jan. 28 in the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division.
Wheeler worked for the defendant as a secretary and claims she was improperly classified as an exempt employee. According to the lawsuit, she worked in excess of 40 hours per week, but was not compensated for those hours at the appropriate overtime rate.
The defendant is accused of violating the Fair Labor Standards Act by failing to pay for all time worked.
The plaintiff is seeking an award of damages for unpaid wages, overtime, liquidated damages, court costs and attorney’s fees.
Wheeler is represented by Tyler attorney Bob Whitehurst. A jury trial is requested.
U.S. District Judge Leonard E. Davis is assigned to the case.
Case No. 6:13-cv-00105
- Dallas lawyer demands millions from city of Irving, says rights of Ahmed Mohamed were disregarded
- Texas AG silences atheists on 'In God We Trust' stickers
- Texas lawmaker convicted of illegally soliciting injury clients, faces up to one year in jail
- Two League City residents blame insurance firms, agent for not procuring coverage
- Texas, W.Va. attorneys general underscore legal limits of Obama administration on climate accord
- Obama administration takes immigration fight to Supreme Court
- Texas City law firm seeks to recover $11K from client
- Patron files $5 million suit over alleged shooting at Tiki Bar
- ICT: Texas vehicle crashes and fatalities continue to rise
- Montgomery County worker alleges Directional Drilling did not pay overtime wages