GALVESTON - An area woman alleges her late husband sustained a fatal head injury last year at a Galveston movie theater and has filed a lawsuit.
Ilene Corr, widow of Charles "Dick" Corr, filed suit against Premiere Cinema Corp. and Galveston Permiere Cinema 11 Manager Rachel Vernon on March 19 in Galveston County District Court.
The original petition states that Dick Corr was a moviegoer at the defendants' premises on Feb. 10, 2012, when he fell and struck his head on the floor.
Corr, who was 78, was taken to the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston where he died from head trauma three days later.
"The defendants knew or should have known of the condition on their premises," the suit says.
"Additionally, the defendants created the condition and it was foreseeable that someone could trip and fall."
Richard Corr's widow faults the respondents for failing to inspect the premises, failing to warn the decedent and failing to provide and maintain a reasonably safe place.
She seeks unspecified monetary damages and a jury trial.
Attorney Darrell A. Apffel of Bettison Doyle Apffel & Guarino PC in Galveston is representing the complainant.
Galveston County 405th District Court Judge Michelle Slaughter is presiding over the case.
Case No. 13-CV-431
- Texas AG sues Volkswagen over environmental violations
- Harris County man charges League City man with breach of contract
- Couple sues Kroger, store manager, alleging negligence in forklift accident
- Dragon Products sues Parish Truck Sales, alleging non-payment
- Appeals court affirms summary judgment win for Beaumont YMCA
- Two Texans sue driver, employers, alleging negligence in vehicle collision
- Texas City business sues Dow, Union Carbide over alleged toxic plume release
- Arnold & Itkin seek summary judgment in $4M suit for not paying client referrals
- Two women file asbestos suit against Michelin, Huntsman Petrochemical, Synpol
- Harris County woman sues Hydrochem, alleging employment discrimination