N.Y. woman sues Wal-Mart, Tyson claiming chicken nuggets contained glass
HOUSTON - A Wal-Mart employee is suing the discount retailer as well as Tyson Foods Inc. after eating a chicken nugget meal allegedly laced with glass.
New York resident Latchmi Rawatiraman initiated the legal action in Harris County District Court on May 20.
The case was removed to the Houston Division of the Southern District of Texas on June 21.
Rawatiraman was employed at a Wal-Mart in northwest Harris County at the time of the incident in question.
She says that she consumed the meal, which Tyson reportedly sold to the store, during a work break at the business's delicatessen on May 24, 2011.
The complainant sustained "serious and resulting foreseeable" injuries while on break and in the following months as a result of ingesting pieces of a glass-like jagged material contained in the food, the original petition says.
Said injuries included those to her brain.
"The said chicken nugget product furnished by the defendant Tyson through the defendant Wal-Mart deviated in its quality from specifications in a manner that render the said product unreasonably dangerous," the suit says.
A jury trial is requested.
Attorney Michael A. Zimmerman of Zimmerman, Zimmerman, Cotner & Lejeune, P.C. in Houston is representing Rawatiraman.
Case No. 4:13-CV-1818
Want to get notified whenever we write about
Next time we write about
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story
2200 West Don Tyson Parkway
Springdale, AR 72762