Woman sues League City motorist over pileup
GALVESTON - An alleged three-vehicle pileup prompted Traci Hrabovsky to bring a lawsuit against Silvia Thomson, recent court documents say.
Hrabovsky's suit, filed Sept. 12 in Galveston County Court at Law No. 1, blames Thomson, a League City resident, for last month's accident in question.
Prior to the wreck, Hrabovsky was driving in the 4900 block of FM 518 in League City.
She waited on traffic when Thomson "failed to control speed and crashed into the rear of a vehicle directly behind the plaintiff's vehicle," the original petition says.
The complainant adds "the impact forced the vehicle behind (her) into her vehicle."
Thomson is faulted for:
- Failing to keep a proper lookout;
- Failing to apply her brakes;
- Traveling above the speed limit;
- Failing to turn her vehicle to the left or right in an attempt to avoid the collision; and
- Failing to maintain a clear and reasonable distance.
Consequently, Hrabovsky seeks unspecified monetary damages and a jury trial.
She is represented by attorney Dan Kirby of Houston.
The case has been assigned to Galveston County Court-at-Law No. 1 Judge John Grady.Cause No. 70,707