Suit alleges hearing aid mold broke off in man’s ear
Beaumont local Leonard Collar has filed suit against Audibel Hearing Aid Center and Danny Hardt for injuries he received when a hearing aid mold broke off in his ear more than two years ago.
The suit was filed Nov. 12 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, on Aug. 29, 2011, Collar sought medical treatment from Audibel Hearing Aid Center, which included hearing exams and fitting for a hearing aid.
“Defendants were negligent in multiple respects, including but not limited to causing the mold for the hearing aid to break off and be left inside Collar’s ear,” the suit states.
“Mr. Collar suffered injury and damages, including but not limited to further medical care and treatment, multiple exams, testing and surgery.”
The suit accuses the defendants of negligently failing to preform the fitting of the hearing aid in a safe manner.
The plaintiff is suing for his alleged past and future medical expenses, mental anguish, pain, impairment, disfigurement and lost wages, plus all court costs.
Beaumont attorney Brian Sutton of Sutton & Jacobs represents him.
Judge Bob Wortham, 58th District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. A194-961