A Village Mills resident is suing after sustaining injuries and damages when her vehicle was struck in a car wash.
Doris Bertrand filed a lawsuit Jan. 6 in Jefferson County District Court against Nancy McComas Doiron and Devil River Inc., doing business as Bay Bright Car Wash and Detail Center.
The complaint states on May 21, 2012, Bertrand was injured when Doiron struck her vehicle while she was halfway through the car wash.
The defendants acted negligently, which caused the plaintiff's injuries and damages, according to the complaint.
Bertrand is seeking an undisclosed amount in damages.
She is being represented in the case by Beaumont attorney Tom Oxford.
Jefferson County District Court Case No. E0195-102
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed in the Jefferson County District Court. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- Three accident victims take driver to court for failed u-turn maneuver
- Texas jury cuffs China-based company with $31.5M patent infringement verdict
- Woman struck in vehicle at intersection sues for damages in roll-over accident
- Pedestrian faults alleged inebriated driver for hitting him
- Woman blames couple for damages and injuries in collision
- Railway worker claims damages from abrupt locomotive jolt
- Hotel guest sues for damages, claiming disabled door struck him
- Montgomery County man wants to know if jury pools are racially balanced
- MetLife suspects widow of murder, seeks representation for surviving children
- Suit alleging FMLA violation brought against Avance Inc.