A Village Mills resident is suing after sustaining injuries and damages when her vehicle was struck in a car wash.
Doris Bertrand filed a lawsuit Jan. 6 in Jefferson County District Court against Nancy McComas Doiron and Devil River Inc., doing business as Bay Bright Car Wash and Detail Center.
The complaint states on May 21, 2012, Bertrand was injured when Doiron struck her vehicle while she was halfway through the car wash.
The defendants acted negligently, which caused the plaintiff's injuries and damages, according to the complaint.
Bertrand is seeking an undisclosed amount in damages.
She is being represented in the case by Beaumont attorney Tom Oxford.
Jefferson County District Court Case No. E0195-102
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed in the Jefferson County District Court. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- Dallas lawyer demands millions from city of Irving, says rights of Ahmed Mohamed were disregarded
- Texas AG silences atheists on 'In God We Trust' stickers
- Texas lawmaker convicted of illegally soliciting injury clients, faces up to 1 year in jail
- Two League City residents blame insurance firms, agent for not procuring coverage
- Texas, W.Va. attorneys general underscore legal limits of Obama Administration on climate accord
- Obama Administration takes immigration fight to Supreme Court
- Texas City law firm seeks to recover $11K from client
- Patron files $5M suit over alleged shooting at Tiki Bar
- ICT: Texas vehicle crashes and fatalities continue to rise
- Montgomery County worker alleges Directional Drilling did not pay overtime wages