A Village Mills resident is suing after sustaining injuries and damages when her vehicle was struck in a car wash.
Doris Bertrand filed a lawsuit Jan. 6 in Jefferson County District Court against Nancy McComas Doiron and Devil River Inc., doing business as Bay Bright Car Wash and Detail Center.
The complaint states on May 21, 2012, Bertrand was injured when Doiron struck her vehicle while she was halfway through the car wash.
The defendants acted negligently, which caused the plaintiff's injuries and damages, according to the complaint.
Bertrand is seeking an undisclosed amount in damages.
She is being represented in the case by Beaumont attorney Tom Oxford.
Jefferson County District Court Case No. E0195-102
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed in the Jefferson County District Court. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- Recent patent infringement cases filed in the Eastern District of Texas
- Maggo's Sports Bar & Taqueria, agents sued over alleged unpaid minimum and overtime wages
- GSV Transportation and driver sued over alleged negligence in I-10 vehicle collision
- Texas AG applauds stay of ‘illegal’ water rule
- Texas AG sues Volkswagen over environmental violations
- Harris County man charges League City man with breach of contract
- Couple sues Kroger, store manager, alleging negligence in forklift accident
- Dragon Products sues Parish Truck Sales, alleging non-payment
- Appeals court affirms summary judgment win for Beaumont YMCA
- Two Texans sue driver, employers, alleging negligence in vehicle collision