A Village Mills resident is suing after sustaining injuries and damages when her vehicle was struck in a car wash.
Doris Bertrand filed a lawsuit Jan. 6 in Jefferson County District Court against Nancy McComas Doiron and Devil River Inc., doing business as Bay Bright Car Wash and Detail Center.
The complaint states on May 21, 2012, Bertrand was injured when Doiron struck her vehicle while she was halfway through the car wash.
The defendants acted negligently, which caused the plaintiff's injuries and damages, according to the complaint.
Bertrand is seeking an undisclosed amount in damages.
She is being represented in the case by Beaumont attorney Tom Oxford.
Jefferson County District Court Case No. E0195-102
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed in the Jefferson County District Court. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- CS Metals Inc. accused of not paying overtime wages
- Woman sues trucker, employer over alleged injuries suffered in crash
- Insurance company demands sharing of payment after settlement
- Man alleges unpaid bonus after termination from RDO Equipment
- Tenants file suit over alleged violation of property codes
- Woman sues grocery chain over a slip and fall at a Friendswood store
- Couple seeks damages after alleged injuries in landfill accident
- Driver seeks damages for alleged injuries in FM 14 accident
- Workers seek compensation for allegedly unpaid overtime and wages
- Galveston County man files to have lien removed