Wadi Reformado Jun. 22, 2016, 3:30pm


GALVESTON — A family is suing a Clear Lake medical facility, alleging negligence in failing to prevent injuries.

James Mason, Charles Vance, Helen Mason, Murphy Mason and Anna Payne filed a complaint June 17 in Galveston County District Court against  A*Med Home Health, Dr. Folasade Ojo, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, and Dr. Rakesh Shah, alleging the defendants failed to properly educate Charles Vance about the dangers of smoking with an oxygen tank in the house.

According to the complaint, on Feb. 10, 2015, James Mason sustained damages to his property as well as physical injuries when he ran back inside their burning house to save his nieces. The plaintiffs allege the defendants' employee failed to provide proper warning or training to Vance and his family about the potential risk of smoking inside the house with an oxygen tank.

The suit says James Mason suffered burns and cuts from breaking through a window to rescue his nieces.

The complaint adds Vance had no place to stay after being released from the hospital, his house having burned down.

The plaintiffs seek a trial by jury, all damages, interest, all legal fees and any other relief the court deems just. They are represented by attorneys Joseph M. Schreiber and Erik A. Knockaert of Schreiber I Knockaert, PLLC in Houston.

Galveston County District Court Case number 16-CV-0731

Organizations in this Story

AMed Services
600 East Cedar Angleton, TX 77515
,

Galveston County District Court
600 59th Street
Galveston, TX 77551

Get notified the next time we write about any of these organizations!

More News