Alleging she was exposed to toxic levels of hydrogen sulfide, Port Arthur resident Julia Gloston has filed suit against Valero Energy and Total Safety U.S.
The suit was filed Oct. 31 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, on Aug. 13, 2010, Gloston was working for KT Maintenance when she was exposed to hydrogen sulfide.
The suit does not state how Gloston was exposed, what she was doing at the time, or how specifically the defendants are negligent for her alleged injury.
The plaintiff is suing for her alleged past and future medical expenses, mental anguish, pain, impairment, disfigurement and lost wages, plus all court costs.
Beaumont attorney Paul Ferguson Jr. of Provost Umphrey represents her.
Judge Bob Wortham, 58th District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. A191-282