Man sues after losing consciousness and falling off ladder

By David Yates | Nov 30, 2011


Hardin County resident Corey Babineaux claims fumes emanating from a heater caused him to lose consciousness and fall off a ladder.

Alleging he hurt his neck and back in the fall, Babineaux filed suit against Echo Maintenance and Alon USA on Nov. 23 in Jefferson County District Court.

According to the complaint, on July 9 Babineaux, a Echo Maintenance employee at the time of the incident, was on a ladder working on a gas heater at Alon USA in Big Spring when hydrogen sulfide began leaking from the heater and caused him to lose consciousness and fall.

In his suit, Babineaux claims he hit a scaffold on the way down, injuring his back and neck.

The maintenance worker alleges Alon USA negligently failed to inspect and maintain its premises.

The plaintiff is suing for his alleged past and future medical expenses, mental anguish, pain, impairment, disfigurement and lost wages, plus all court costs.

Beaumont attorney Clay Dugas represents him.

Judge Donald Floyd, 172nd District Court, is assigned to the case.

Case No. E191-388

More News

The Record Network