GALVESTON - An accident in Galveston almost two years ago between local motorists has resulted in a lawsuit, recent court documents say.
In a lawsuit filed Jan. 16 in Galveston County Court at Law No. 3, William T. Boutwell blames Pauline Ostermeyar for the purported Jan. 26, 2011, wreck.
The suit shows Boutwell was riding his black 2001 Harley Davidson motorcycle along Winnie Street at the time of the events in question.
According to the plaintiff, Ostermeyar ignored a stop sign and ran her black 2008 Chevrolet 1500 pickup truck and struck him.
Boutwell says he suffered serious bodily injury.
He faults Ostemeyar for:
- Failing to keep a proper lookout;
- Failing to make timely applications of her brakes;
- Failing to yield the right of way;
- Failing to stop, yield and grant immediate use of the intersection;
- Failing to keep her vehicle under control;
- Failing to allow the plaintiff to clear the intersection; and
- Failing to yield the right of way at a stop sign.
Consequently, Boutwell sues for permanent bodily impairment, scarring, loss of earnings, physical pain and suffering and mental anguish.
Attorney Johnny R. Brown with the Law Offices of Johnny R. Brown is representing the complainant, and Galveston County Court at Law No. 3 Judge Christopher Dupuy is presiding over the case.
Cause No. 69,109