TYLER - A Tyler resident has filed a lawsuit against a North Dakota trucking company claiming that one of its drivers rear-ended his vehicle which caused him serious personal injury.
Richard Goetz filed suit against E. W. Wylie Corp. on Feb. 1 in the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division.
The incident occurred on March 25, 2012, as Goetz was traveling northbound in the 2500 block of Interstate 35 in Denton County.
According to the lawsuit, one of defendant’s drivers was operating an 18-wheel tractor-trailer and was traveling directly behind Goetz and crashed into the rear of Goetz’s vehicle.
Goetz states he suffered serious personal injury and property damage.
The defendant is accused of negligence for:
• Failing to keep a proper lookout;
• Failing to timely apply the brakes of his vehicle prior to the collision;
• Failing to maintain a proper speed;
• Failing to keep a safe and proper distance from plaintiff’s vehicle: and
• Failing to turn the vehicle to avoid the collision.
The plaintiff is seeking an award of damages for medical expenses, physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, physical impairment, loss of earning capacity, interest and court costs.
Goetz is represented by Jeffrey T. Embry and George Cowden IV of Hossley & Embry LLP in Tyler.
A jury trial is requested.
Case No. 6:13-cv-00119