Seeking more than $1,000,000 in damages, Montgomery County resident Fernando Ponce has filed suit against Entergy Texas, alleging he received an electrical shock while in his backyard.
The suit was filed July 16 in Jefferson County District Court.
According to the lawsuit, the incident transpired on July 18, 2012, at Ponce’s Conroe home.
The suit does not state what Ponce was doing when he received the alleged electrical shock.
However, the suit does accuse Entergy of negligently failing to maintain its power lines.
Ponce’s family members are also plaintiffs in the suit.
They seek emotional damages for having to watch him be shocked.
Provost Umphrey attorney Paul Ferguson of Beaumont represents the plaintiffs.
Judge Gary Sanderson, 60th District Court, is assigned to the case.
Case No. B194-535