GALVESTON - An alleged collision between two local men has resulted in a lawsuit, according to recent court records.
Orlando Archibald filed the lawsuit against John Calhoun Reese in Galveston County District Court on Nov. 22, attributing the Nov. 26, 2011, wreck to the latter.
At the time of the alleged incident, Archibald was stopped at an exit on a private road near a Wal-Mart parking lot along the 6400 block of I-45 while Reese traveled on the adjacent feeder road.
According to the original petition, Reese "turned into the private road where the plaintiff was stopped" and "suddenly, unexpectedly and violently" struck the front driver's side of Archibald's vehicle.
Archibald blames the defendant for:
- Failing to keep a proper lookout;
- Failing to turn his vehicle to the right in an effort to avoid the collision;
- Failing to give the plaintiff at least one-half of the roadway;
- Failing to apply his brakes; and
- Failing to enter the intersection only when he could have safely entered without interference.
The claimant consequently sues for physical pain and suffering, impairment, disfigurement, mental anguish, lost earnings, medical expenses and property damages in the amount of $2,500.
He is represented by attorney Susie Chmielowiec of Chmielowiec & Associates in Houston.
The case has been assigned to Galveston County 10th District Court Judge Kerry L. Neves.
Case No. 13-CV-1489