MARSHALL — Two Longview restaurant owners are suing an automatic pilot valve manufacturer, alleging the defendant's negligence led to an explosion and fire.

Dudley Lang and Sheryl Ann Lang filed a complaint on Nov. 29, in the Marshall Division of the Eastern District of Texas against Baso Gas Products LLC alleging that the automatic pilot valve manufacturer failed to meet governmental or industry safety standard regulations.

According to the complaint, on Oct. 26,Dudley Lang was cooking at Dudley’s Cajun Café in Longview when Bso Gas' automatic pilot valve failed to operate properly, causing an explosion and fire. The suit says Lang sustained terrifying and painful injuries, plus monetary damages to the restaurant of more than $75,000. 

The lawsuit states Sheryl Ann Long has suffered mental anguish, emotional distress, anxiety and loss of companionship. The plaintiffs allege the defendant defectively designed and manufactured its H15 Series BASO® 100 percent shutoff, automatic pilot valve.

The Langs seek trial by jury, all damages, pre- and post judgment interest, costs of suit and all other equitable relief. They are represented by attorneys Blake C. Erskine of Erskine & McMahon LLP in Longview and Dan Stroup of Longview.

Marshall Division of the Eastern District of Texas Case number 2:16-cv-01315

Want to get notified whenever we write about Marshall Division of the Eastern District of Texas ?
Next time we write about Marshall Division of the Eastern District of Texas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Marshall Division of the Eastern District of Texas




More News