SE Texas Record

Friday, December 6, 2019

Jetty Communications Solutions files suit over fraud allegations against Harris County man


By Kristine Gonzales-Abella | Sep 25, 2018

Contract 03

HOUSTON – A Washington resident alleges a Harris County man made improper ownership distributions to himself.

Geoffrey Baron, individually and derivatively on behalf of Jetty Communications Solutions LLC, filed a complaint on Sept. 5 in the Harris County District Court against Roy Barrett and TRG The Response Group LLC alleging breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and other counts.

According to the complaint, Baron and Barrett formed Jetty Communications Solutions in 2014. The suit states Barrett owns a 49 percent membership interest and Baron owns the remaining 51 percent.

The plaintiff alleges in late 2017 he discovered that "Barrett had dumped more than half a million dollars of improper expenses of his own company, The Response Group, and improper payments to Barrett on Jetty." The plaintiff also alleges Barrett "usurped opportunities and revenues belonging to Jetty for the benefit of himself and his company."

The plaintiffs holds Barrett and TRG The Response Group LLC responsible because the defendants' alleged false representations caused injury to the plaintiffs.

The plaintiffs seek monetary relief of no less than $1 million and all other relief to which he is entitled. He is represented by Robert R. Burford and Shawn A. Johnson of Burford Perry LLP in Houston.

Harris County District Court case number 2018-60166

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Harris County District CourtBurford Perry LLP

More News