Shocked electrician sues Entergy

David Yates Jan. 8, 2008, 8:20am

An electrician received an unwelcomed shock while working on a power supply box. Christopher Borne claims Entergy prematurely energized the box and has filed suit against the power company.

The suit, Borne vs. Entergy Texas Inc., was filed with the Jefferson County District Court on Jan. 7.

According to the plaintiff's petition, on Sept. 17, 2007, Borne was working for Electrical Specialties,
Inc. He was completing a power supply box at a new construction site in Port Arthur when he says Entergy prematurely energized the box.

"(Entergy) was not authorized to (energize the box) until after the power supply box was completed and then inspected and released by the city," the suit said.

"However, Defendant, untimely and without authorization, energized the power supply box causing Plaintiff to be shocked when he attempted to complete the power box, which caused him to sustain serious injures."

The suit alleges Entergy was negligent for creating an unsafe work environment.

Borne is suing for past and future mental anguish, medical expenses, disfigurement and all court costs.

He is represented by attorney John Werner of the Reaud, Morgan & Quinn law firm.

Judge Bob Wortham, 58th Judicial District, will preside over the case.

Case No. A180-988

More News