GALVESTON - A Harris County woman is suing a League City man and his employer over a two-vehicle accident in Houston a couple of months ago, recent court documents say.
A lawsuit filed May 24 in Galveston County District Court faults Justin Allen Transier and HAR-CON Mechanical Contractors for the Feb. 21 wreck in question.
The suit alleges that Transier was on the clock for HAR-CON when he struck Floyd with a company-owned vehicle.
According to the original petition, the plaintiff suffered "serious and disabling" injuries.
She blames Transier for:
- Failing to keep a proper lookout;
- Driving at an excessive rate of speed;
- Failing to timely apply his brakes;
- Failing to timely swerve so as to avoid the collision that is the basis of the suit;
- Failing to operate the vehicle in a reasonable manner and in obedience to traffic laws; and
- Driver inattention.
HAR-CON is sued for negligently entrusting the aforementioned vehicle to Transier.
Floyd insists that she did nothing to bring forth the accident.
Consequently, she seeks at least $200,000 in damages as well as a jury trial.
Attorney Jeffrey M. Stern of the Stern Law Group in Bellaire is representing the complainant, and Galveston County 56th District Court Judge Lonnie Cox is presiding over the litigation.Case No. 13-CV-713