GALVESTON - A September 2012 accident between two local motorists has resulted in a lawsuit.
In recent court documents filed June 4 in Galveston County District Court, Holly Virginia Canterbury blames Galveston local Brandi Michelle King for the subject wreck in La Marque in the morning of Sept. 10, 2012.
The women were traveling in the northbound lane of Highway 146.
Canterbury says she was approaching FM 519 with a green light when King, who was driving a 2004 F250 Ford pickup truck, struck the back of her vehicle.
She adds that she suffered injuries which required medical treatment and was forced to miss several days of work.
King is faulted for:
- Failing to control the speed and operation of her vehicle;
- Failing to avoid the incident in question;
- Failing to keep a proper lookout;
- Traveling at an unreasonable speed through the intersection in light of traffic at the time of the collision; and
- Failing to apply the brakes properly.
Consequently, the plaintiff seeks unspecified monetary damages and a jury trial.
She is represented by attorney David W. Bergquist of the Bergquist Law Firm in Houston.
The case has been assigned to Galveston County 122nd District Court Judge John Ellisor.
Case No. 13-CV-749