HOUSTON - A Harris County man has filed a lawsuit against Wal-Mart Stores Texas LLC after an alleged fall two years ago at its Spring store.
Charles Clark initiated legal action against the business in Harris County District Court on Aug. 12.
The case was removed to the Houston Division of the Southern District of Texas on Oct. 4.
Court papers show Clark was shopping at the store in question on Aug. 27, 2011, when he reportedly stepped on "a slippery liquid from a broken bottle that was on the floor."
"Mr. Clark fell forward injuring his right knee and shoulder," the suit says.
It adds Wal-Mart allegedly allowed the floor to become slippery and kept the condition as is despite the likelihood it could injure someone.
The defendant is blamed for:
- Failing to properly inspect and maintain the flooring area in question to discover the dangerous condition;
- Failing to maintain the floor in a reasonably safe condition;
- Failing to give adequate and understandable warnings to the plaintiff of the unsafe condition of the flooring area;
- Failing to give warnings to the plaintiff of the unsafe condition;
- Failing to remove the sticky substance causing the slip-and-fall; and
- Failing to discover and remove the sticky substance within the reasonable time.
A jury trial is requested.
Attorney John J. Kahn Jr. of The Kahn Law Firm PC in Pearland is representing Clark.Case No. 4:13-CV-2932