AUSTIN — The wife of a man who died from Mesothelioma is suing the makers of Snow Drift spray snow claiming he was exposed to the asbestos in the product that he used for years to decorate the family Christmas tree.
Michele Felix as personal representative on behalf of the legal heirs of Raymond Felix, deceased filed a complaint Nov. 5 in the Houston Division of the Southern District of Texas against Novelis Corporation as a successor-in-interest to Alcan Aluminum Corporation, Alcan Fabrication Corporation, Alcan Cable and Metal Goods Corporation alleging negligence, strict product liability and wrongful death.
According to the suit, Raymond Felix used "multiple boxes" of Snow Drift each year from the period of 1950 to 1955 and would throw and sprinkle the product onto the family's Christmas tree. In August of 2014, he was diagnosed with Mesothelioma and died four months later. The plaintiff claims the defendants should have known the use of their product caused the release of airborne asbestos fibers and that there was no warning label on the product.
Felix seeks monetary relief, trial by jury and all other just relief. She is represented by Scott Hendler and Rebecca Webber of The Hendler Flores Law Firm PLLC in Austin.
Houston Division of the Southern District of Texas case number 4:19-CV-04346