Larry Cotten One month ago, plaintiff's attorney Glen Morgan said DuPont's past asbestos safety policies had been so egregious that the company had no right to exist. But a Jefferson County jury did not agree, and found no negligence on the part of DuPont in the death of a former employee of an asbestos-related disease.
With possibly millions of dollars on the line, DuPont's attorneys produced additional evidence on Wednesday, March 19, in a video deposition of one of its former safety engineers who said he worked with the chemical company to develop safety programs as early as the 1950s.
The trial against DuPont got a late start on March 12, as attorneys spent most of the morning arguing over what evidence would be allowed and which witnesses would be allowed to testify.
Defense attorney Larry Cotten Tempers began to flare last week as the possible billion-dollar asbestos trial of Willis Whisnat Jr. et al vs. DuPont De Nemours wrapped up its third week of testimony on Friday, March 7.
DuPont was well aware asbestos in the work place was killing its workers in the early 1960s, said plaintiff's expert Dr. Edwin Holstein, as testimony continued in the trial of Willis Whisnat Jr. et al vs. DuPont De Nemours.
When speaking about DuPont's asbestos policies during the 1960s, plaintiff's attorney Glen Morgan said in his opening remarks that the chemical company's "conduct was so bad that its right to exist should be taken away," as the trial of Willis Whisnat et al vs. DuPont De Nemours began Thursday, Feb. 21.
Richard Mithoff A 29-year-old construction worker lost his life last year when he fell from a scaffold. Michael Spurlock's surviving family members have filed suit against his former employer, K & R Construction, and several of its owners/employees, claiming they negligently caused his death.
MARSHALL � Oklahoma gas container manufacturer Blitz USA is facing three new product liability suits alleging its containers exploded and seriously injured users. The company claims the fires were the result of the consumers' misuse of the gasoline containers.
Judge Janis Jack When U. S. District Judge Janis Jack of Texas exposed 10,000 phony silicosis claims, her history as a nurse triggered a strong reaction to the shoddy practices of attorneys in her court and doctors who served them.
MARSHALL -- After voluntarily paying medical expenses for an injured employee, Home Depot is now facing a lawsuit from the employee who claims the payments were not enough.
The family of Lonnie LaFleur, the worker who lost his life last month while extracting a heat exchanger at the Dupont plant in Orange, Texas, has filed a wrongful death suit.
Arizona residents Bobby and Nellye Hall are suing Arco of the Panhandle Inc., along with 19 other petrochemical companies, for manufacturing and distributing benzene and other toxic chemicals to the unaware public and for conspiring inflict Bobby with an "illness," most likely leukemia.
The asbestos trial of Joyce Myers et al vs. Mobil Oil ended Wednesday, July 25, with jurors' dismissing the accusation that Mobil "maliciously" and "negligently" caused Myers' cancerous death.
Were Mobil Oil's actions to protect refinery workers and their families from asbestos reasonable in light of what the company knew during the 1930s, '40s, '50s and early '60s time period?
An asbestos expert and industrial hygienist says oil refinery pipefitters were not exposed to enough asbestos to develop asbestosis, as testimony continued this week in the multimillion dollar trial in Judge Gary Sanderson's 60th District Court.
After being named as a defendant with 42 other companies in a recent lawsuit, one company says it has experts that will show that the plaintiff would have to have received hundreds of years of asbestos exposure to contribute to his death.