GALVESTON - Three Houston residents claim a La Marque man struck them at a Galveston intersection two years ago and have filed a lawsuit.
Recent court papers filed Nov. 12 in Galveston County District Court show that Timothy Leroy Fields Jr. hit Leonard Brooks, Charline Collins and Morgan Collins as they waited on traffic at Broadway and 57th Street on Nov. 14, 2011.
The plaintiffs were traveling on 57th while Fields drove on Broadway prior to the wreck in question.
According to the suit, the defendant "failed to drive in a single lane, came across the roadway and struck the plaintiffs' vehicle."
Each complainant insists they suffered injuries.
Fields is faulted for:
- Failing to keep a proper lookout;
- Failing to timely apply his brakes;
- Failing to swerve or otherwise maneuver his vehicle so as to avoid the subject collision;
- Failed to operate his vehicle in a reasonable and prudent manner; and
- Failing to control his speed.
Consequently, the plaintiffs seek unspecified monetary damages.
They are represented by attorney Jack Todd Ivey of the Ivey Law Firm PC in Houston.
Galveston County 56th District Court Judge Lonnie Cox is presiding over the litigation.Case No. 13-CV-1436