GALVESTON – Victoria’s Secret is the subject of a customer’s lawsuit accusing the company of manufacturing, marketing, and selling clothing that was susceptible to fire.

Samantha Burke filed the suit in the Galveston Division of the Southern District of Texas on Sept. 15, claiming her Victoria’s Secret PINK hoodie caught fire days before Thanksgiving 2016.

Recent court papers explain that the plaintiff wore the hoodie on the night of Nov. 21, 2016 as she was preparing a soup for her and her husband. She was moving the saucepan containing the soup from the stove to the countertop when she discovered the hoodie’s drawstring had flames, according to the suit.

Burke adds that she was unsuccessful putting the fire out, asserting the flames grew more intense. She and her spouse reportedly extinguished the aforementioned fire with their bare hands.

The plaintiff was given medical attention. Physicians diagnosed her with third degree burns and she underwent surgery and skin grafts, the complaint says.

Consequently, Burke seeks unspecified monetary damages and a jury trial.

She is represented by attorneys Fred Hagans and Jennifer B. Rustay of the law firm Hagans Montgomery & Rustay in Houston.

Galveston Division of the Southern District of Texas Case No. 3:17-CV-0281

Want to get notified whenever we write about U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas Galveston Division ?
Next time we write about U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas Galveston Division, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas Galveston Division
601 Rosenberg Street
Galveston, TX - 77550

More News