Harris Co. man sues steakhouse after son contracts food poisoning from appetizer

By John Suayan | Nov 1, 2017

HOUSTON – Asserting his son suffered food poisoning two years ago after eating at a steak restaurant, Harris County resident Claudio Marin has filed a product liability lawsuit.

HOUSTON – Asserting his son suffered food poisoning two years ago after eating at a steak restaurant, Harris County resident Claudio Marin has filed a product liability lawsuit.

Marin’s suit, filed on Oct. 30 in the Harris County 125th District Court, claims he and the boy went to dinner at a Longhorn Steakhouse located at East Sam Houston Parkway North on Oct. 31, 2015 and were served a tainted appetizer.

According to Marin, the unidentified child ate calamari and contracted salmonella.

The original petition accuses Longhorn of not properly preparing, cooking, inspecting, and selling the calamari.

Consequently, Marin seeks unspecified monetary damages and a jury trial.

He is represented by attorney Paul A. Higdon of the law firm Higdon Lawyers in Houston.

Harris County 125th District Court Case No. 2017-73123

Want to get notified whenever we write about Harris County District Court ?

Sign-up Next time we write about Harris County District Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Harris County District Court

More News

The Record Network