The Model 1628 barbecue pit is the smallest smoker that Tejas manufactures and sells. | Courtesy of Tejas Smokers
HOUSTON — A Harris County man is suing a Houston apartment complex owner, alleging that he was inured due to an exploding barbecue pit.
Robert Turner filed a complaint Aug. 26 in Harris County District Court against Karya Property Management LLC, Marilee Lane LLC and The Heritage Apartments LLC, alleging negligence.
According to the complaint, on May 26, 2018, Turner was using a gas-powered barbecue at the Heritage Apartments in Houston. The suit states the pit exploded, causing Turner to fall and sustain injuries, pain and suffering, mental anguish and medical expenses.
The plaintiff alleges the defendants should have know about the unsafe nature of the barbecue pit.
Turner seeks monetary relief between $200,000 and $1 million, attorney fees, court costs, interest and all just relief. He is represented by attorney Ciro J. Samperi of Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Aziz in Houston.
Harris County District Court case number 2019-60027