HOUSTON - A Houston resident has filed suit over an auto-pedestrian accident in Sugar Land last year, recent court documents say.
According to a lawsuit filed Feb. 5 in the Houston Division of the Southern District of Texas, Herbert Allen claims he was run over by Hialeah, Fla., resident George Alemane on Dec. 19, 2012.
The suit also names Maxis Express Corp. as a defendant as Alemane was on the clock for the company at the time of the incident.
According to Allen, Alemane struck him with a 1997 red Freightliner truck that was towing a 1999 Silver Wabash trailer belonging to Maxis Express.
Allen says the collision occurred "suddenly, violently and without warning," adding it left him with "severe" bodily injury to his head, back, neck, shoulder and other parts of his body.
He blames Alemane for:
- Failing to keep a proper lookout;
- Failing to timely apply his brakes;
- Failing to control his speed;
- Failing to timely swerve or maneuver his vehicle; and
- Failing to operate said vehicle in a reasonable and prudent manner as well as in accordance to traffic laws and regulations.
The original petition faults the company for negligently entrusting the tractor/trailer to Alemane.
Consequently, Allen seeks at least $500,000 in damages and a jury trial.
Attorney Jeffrey M. Stern with Stern Law Group in Bellaire is representing the complainant.Case No. 4:13-CV-273