GALVESTON - A local man is suing an Alvin woman over a two-vehicle accident in Brazoria County last year, recent court documents say.
Kyle E. Weeks states that Jayme J. Weeks is to blame for the wreck in question at an intersection in Alvin on Aug. 1, 2012.
His suit was filed Feb. 1 in Galveston County District Court.
The case does not specify the relationship between both parties.
The original petition shows Jayme J. Weeks was driving a vehicle in which the plaintiff was a passenger, stating she pulled toward Thompson Road and Highway 6.
After she came to a halt at a stop sign, according to the suit, the motorist failed to yield the right of way to traffic on Highway 6 and caused another vehicle to "violently" strike hers.
The apparent impact inflicted "severe" personal injury upon the complainant, it says.
Jayme J. Weeks is faulted for:
- Operating the aforementioned vehicle in a careless and reckless manner;
- Failing to keep a proper lookout;
- Failing to apply the brakes;
- Failing to keep the vehicle under reasonable and proper control;
- Failing to pay full time and attention; and
- Failing to ensure the safety of the passenger.
The driver of the vehicle which supposedly hit that of the defendant is not a party in the litigation.
Attorney Frederick L. McGuire with the Law Office of Frederick L. McGuire in Liberty is representing the plaintiff, and Galveston County 10th District Court Judge Kerry L. Neves is presiding over the case.Case No. 13-CV-175