GALVESTON – A League City private school filed a breach of contract lawsuit against a Houston-based LED lighting manufacturer.

In the suit filed on Dec. 19 in the Galveston County Court at Law No. 2, Bay Area Christian School claims it paid Texas LED Commercial Suppliers, LLC a total of $115,000 to install stadium lights at its football stadium and separate LED electronic messaging and scoreboards in accordance to dual contracts executed between the parties at the beginning of the 2016-2017 academic year, but the defendant failed to perform the services.

 The agreements reportedly called for BACS to pay 75 percent of the agreed upon amount in advance, and the remaining 25 percent upon project completion. The plaintiff paid Texas LED a total of $86,250, representing 75 percent of the total amounts of the contracts on Sept. 9, 2016, the suit says.

While the parties agreed for all equipment to be delivered within approximately three weeks from the acceptance of the contracts, the original petition explains, “only the football scoreboard had been installed, and no other work had been performed” as of the beginning of this year.

“Both the materials and workmanship of the football scoreboard are defective,” court documents say. “The LED character displays are malfunctioning, the sign does not conform to the renderings provided by Texas LED, various portions of the scoreboard are rusted and not properly secured, and electrical wiring is exposed and visible.”

BACS further asserts the respondent demanded additional funds for a change order not permitted under the subject contracts, accusing the latter of abandoning the work.

Consequently, the school seeks unspecified monetary damages.

It is represented by attorneys Michelle R. Morris and Martin C. Law of the law firm Rogers, Morris & Grover, L.L.P. in Houston.

Galveston County Court at Law No. 2 Cause No. CV-80261

Want to get notified whenever we write about Galveston County District Court ?
Next time we write about Galveston County District Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Galveston County District Court




More News