Exxon
Recent News About Exxon
-
Goodyear says statute of limitations lapsed in benzene suit
Goodyear Tire & Rubber has amended its answer to assert that the statute of limitations has lapsed in a benzene lawsuit brought by local residents Robert Fontenot and his wife, who sued Goodyear and 15 other companies for allegedly exposing Fontenot to benzene throughout his career. -
Ninth Court affirms ExxonMobil’s summary judgment win in injury suit
In March 2009, the Southeast Texas Record reported on a suit filed by Louisiana resident Calvin Clary, who was injured after glass in a door shattered on him while working at ExxonMobil’s Beaumont facility. -
Discovery underway in suit against ExxonMobil over refinery fire
Discovery is underway in expanding litigation brought over a fire at ExxonMobil. -
Glen Morgan brought into suit against ExxonMobil over refinery fire
In April, the Record reported that several workers, who are seeking damages in excess of $1 million, filed suit against ExxonMobil, claiming they were injured in a fire at the area facility. -
34 companies named in Jefferson County asbestos suit
A Houston man has filed an asbestos suit against 34 defendant corporations, claiming the asbestos-related disease with which he was diagnosed was wrongfully caused. -
Walter Umphrey sues Houston lawyer over $1M debt
Plaintiff’s attorney Walter Umphrey, co-founder of the Provost Umphrey Law Firm in Beaumont, is suing Houston lawyer F. Kenneth Bailey Jr., alleging the man owes him $1 million. -
New York Times columnist disparages BP claims administrator
NoceraNEW ORLEANS – New York Times columnist Joe Nocera published a biting op-ed yesterday on the BP claims settlement process for businesses who were affected by the 2010 oil spill as run by Patrick Juneau. -
Umphrey to represent injured workers in suit against ExxonMobil after explosion
Seeking damages in excess of $1 million several workers have banded together and filed suit against ExxonMobil, claiming they were injured in the explosion at the area facility last month. -
Day after explosion at refinery, worker sues ExxonMobil
One day after the April 17 explosion at the Beaumont ExxonMobil plant, Salvador Martinez Jr. has filed suit against the oil refiner. -
La. man says he was hit by hose as he tried to inspect tank, files lawsuit
GALVESTON - A Louisiana man claims he was struck by a hose last year while working on a platform belonging to the ExxonMobil Corp. and has filed a lawsuit. -
Oil supplier claims to have lost more than half a million dollars upon delivery
An oil supplier claims ExxonMobil refuses to pay it more than $500,000 for oil it supplied to the corporation. -
Speeding boat driver caused injuries, suit claims
A man seeks damages for injuries he claims he sustained on board a boat after he was knocked unconscious while on the vessel as it raced through the water. -
16 companies named as defendants in benzene suit
China residents Robert and Brenda Fontenot are suing Goodyear Tire & Rubber, along with 15 other companies, for allegedly exposing Robert to benzene throughout his career. -
Agreed take-nothing judgment entered in suit brought by flash-burned plaintiff
In October 2010, Mark Feltman, an electrician, sued ExxonMobil, claiming the oil company negligently allowed a flash fire to consume the area where he was working. -
Widow blames ExxonMobil for husband’s multiple myeloma
The widow of Ernest Lewis has filed a lawsuit against ExxonMobil and Mobil Oil Refining, claiming the companies negligently exposed him to the hazardous chemical benzene. -
Lashing by hose leads woman to sue ExxonMobil
After receiving a lashing by an allegedly defective hose, area resident Sylvia Barlow has filed suit against ExxonMobil, claiming the company knew the hose was unsafe to use. -
Toxic tort claim brought against 26 companies
Huey and Therese Lovelady have brought a toxic tort claim against 26 defendant companies. -
17 companies blamed for man’s asbestos exposure, death
Sherri Hall, as the executrix of the estate of Arlis Hall, is suing AMF and 16 other companies, alleging they negligently exposed her benefactor to asbestos. -
Wrongful death suit filed over fatal truck accident on US 59 in Polk County
LUFKIN - The parents of a deceased 24 year old have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the trucking company whose truck driver caused a fatal vehicle collision by allegedly failing to yield the right of way. -
Man’s deposition, history of benzene exposure sought
Jefferson County resident Julie Smith has filed a petition to perpetuate the testimony of Daryl Smith, who allegedly suffers from a benzene-related disease.